Thursday, December 21, 2006

2007 TBR Challenge

So it seems that everyone and their mom in book blogdom is taking part in some sort of challenge for 2007. I felt left out- mostly because these challenges all seem to be centering around blogspot blogs, as opposed to over here on livejournal. But I decided to take part in one, anyway :-) The 2007 TBR Challenge. I am attempting to post the picture here, but I don't know if it will work:

The 2007 TBR Challenge

Ah, I did it! Anyway, the challenge is to choose 12 books that have been gathering dust on your to-be-read pile and read them in 2007. That averages out to one a month, which shouldn't be too overwhelming, right? Right.

The problem for me being, of course, that I am super-moody in my reading, so of course if I list books out so long ahead of time, my mind will rebel against me and decide not to be interested in any of the twelve books I've given myself to read next year. So I also gave myself four back-up options. But really, these are ALL books I need to scratch off the TBR list, so it will be good if I succeed here!

My booklist is:

1.  Passion, by Jude Morgan
2.  Path Between the Seas, by David McCullough
3.  The White Mare, by Jules Watson
4.  In a Dark Wood Wandering, by Hella Hesse
5.  All Things are Lights, by Robert Shea
6.  White Mughals:  Love and Betrayal in 18th Century India, by William Dalrymple
7.  Ursula, Under, by Ingrid Hill
8.  A to-be-determined mystery by Georgette Heyer -DONE
(review here)
9.  The Skystone, by Jack Whyte
10. To Dance With Kings, by Rosalind Laker
11. Bridge of Birds, by Barry Hughart
12. Firebrand, by Marion Zimmer Bradley

The Back-up Possibilities:

Shadows and Strongholds, by Elizabeth Chadwick
Princesses:  The Six Daughters of George III, by Flora Fraser
Hawk of May, by Gillian Bradshaw
The Devil in Music, by Kate Ross
 
******************************************
Just a fun edit, here on January 14, 2010:
The only book I cheerfully listed above that I have read to date 
is Bridge of Birds.  YIKES.  I also finished a Georgette Heyer 
mystery (or a few of them, really!).  But that's it. 
In over two years.
Clearly, I am no good at these challenges!

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious. Glad to know I'm not the only person who has books on their TBR for 2, 3, or 5+ years....

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment posted on this blog, even if it sometimes takes me a while to respond. Thank you for taking the time and effort to comment here! Unless you are spamming me, in which case, thanks for nothing.