Sunday, August 23, 2009

Books I'm Taking to India

Only a few more hours now until I leave! So, all the books are packed. I admit I didn't write down the list of books before I packed them, so I may be forgetting some. Also, I couldn't even find my copy of The Forest House (along with other books I was randomly looking for). So... not sure where they all went, but hoping they're somewhere around here!

The books I'm taking are:

What is the What, by Dave Eggers - about surviving the Sudanese genocide
Don't Call Me a Crook: A Scotsman's Tale of World Travel, Whisky and Crime, by Bob Moore
Neverwhere, by Neil Gaiman - a modern-day Alice in Wonderland retelling
Empire of Ivory, by Naomi Novik - Book 4 in the Temeraire series
The Mahabharata, vol. 2 of 2, by Ramesh Menon
Affinity, by Sarah Waters - Victorian gothic thriller taking place in a women's prison
The Stress of Her Regard, by Tim Powers - a gothic thriller that features Byron and Shelley
The Days of the French Revolution, by Christopher Hibbert
The Court of the Air, by Stephen Hunt - Futuristic Victorian steampunk

And I think I have another one, but I don't remember which it is... Thank you all for your suggestions! If I didn't take you up on it, it was either because I couldn't find the book or I don't have it in paperback (and I don't want to carry around hardcovers!). Hopefully I'll be able to post reviews of some of them while gone- othewise, expect mass posting when I get back :-)

And I am hoping to continue Rosie's Riveters while I'm gone, too- so keep an eye out. Happy reading, everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy reading and have fun on your trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A trip to India? Man, I'm jealous. Have a wonderful time! Take some picture if you can for the blog. And I'm flattered you decided to bring along "Don't Call Me a Crook!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a fantastic time! BTW, I gave you an award on my blog!

    http://readingadventures.blogspot.com/2009/08/emotional-rollercoaster.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah Waters writes such great stuff.

    A book on the French Revolution? That's one I'll bet you read for sure! Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a great selection. I can't wait to see some of these reviews! Have a great trip.

    Also, I sent you my riveters post this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good pile of books! I hope you enjoy your time away and your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog; have a great trip. It looks like you have some great books to take along.

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment posted on this blog, even if it sometimes takes me a while to respond. Thank you for taking the time and effort to comment here! Unless you are spamming me, in which case, thanks for nothing.